2nd Annual Technology & Innovation – the Future of Banking & Financial Services
Welcome Address by Conference Chairman
Revolutionising Digital Transactions – the Next Generation Payments Landscape
• How are today’s latest technology trends driving the evolving payment landscape?
• Innovative payment schemes – balancing security and operability
• Overcoming implementation challenges – strategies for delivering payment innovations to market
• The future impact of alternate and virtual currencies – what is their role in the market?
Redefining Big Data − Extracting True Business Value
• How to compete, innovate and execute faster − managing big and fast data for business advantage
• How can big data deliver customer-centric applications with speed, simplicity and security?
• Balancing revenue growth, reversing attrition and customer relationships with stringent regulatory requirements
IT Leaders Panel
• The next frontier – technology trends, disruptions, challenges and future opportunities
• Emerging customer expectations that will shape financial services technology
• Managing the impact of the consumerisation of IT on banking infrastructure and services
• Where are we with BNM’s Financial Sector Blueprint and what is next on the technology agenda?
• What emerging technology is set to be the next game changer for financial institutions?
- Alain Boey, Senior Vice President & Head of Transformation Management, Bank Simpanan Nasional
- Simon Toh, Head of Information System Management, AgroBank
- Anthony Chin, Acting Head, Retail Banking; EVP, Strategy, Transformation and AmHorizon, AmBank
- Venkat Iyer, Managing Director & Chief Administrative Officer – O & T – Asia Pacific, Citibank
- John Shew, Head of IT, RHB Insurance
- Sharanjit Leyl, International Business Journalist
Cyber-security Counterintelligence – Applying Emerging Latest Defence Techniques
• What are the impending security threats impacting Malaysian banks?
• How to enhance security robustness and preparedness for new forms of cyber-attacks
• Using predictive and real-time analytics to detect emerging fraud and data breaches
Gaining New Levels of Organisation-wide Efficiency with Agile
• Considering Agile and related methodologies – how to address the question: “What’s in it for a financial services executive?”
• How can aligned business strategies help navigate business in a fast-moving, fiercely competitive market?
• Agile principles and techniques – how to drive cultural change to improve business and technology processes
• Achieving accelerated customer service delivery and satisfaction while supporting cost, quality and employee morale
Paving the Future Roadmap of Malaysia’s Technology and Innovation
• Keeping abreast of emerging trends – what technologies show the most promise?
• Moving from legacy to the cloud – how to manage the challenges of transition
• Is virtualisation the key to a cost-effective and resilient IT infrastructure?
• Achieving accelerated customer service delivery while supporting enterprise mobility
Going Beyond Digital Engagement to Create Unique Customer Experiences
• Creating a 360 degree customer view through multi-channel integration
• What are the challenges in delivering a seamless digital banking experience?
• Adopting social media and the challenges of reputational risk
Unlocking the Power of Smart Analytics
Making Sense of the Madness − Deploying Data Management Techniques
• AmBank’s fresh approach to big data cleanup projects
• Manipulating semi-structured and unstructured data to yield results faster
• Big data 2.0 − what’s next after employing Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and data cleansing frameworks?
• How to avoid multi-layer, multi-year big data projects
Exploiting a Region-Wide Transformation for New Levels of Business Agility
• The winning formula – behind the scenes of CIMB’s successful regional legacy transformation
• How did CIMB achieve accelerated customer service while supporting effective product customisation?
• Key learnings and expected outcomes – the challenges of data and system migration
Branch Re-design − Digitalising the Bank of the Future
• What are the key customer and technology trends shaping tomorrow’s branch innovations?
• Delivering self-service, reliability and simplicity through automation
• Connecting bricks-and-mortar to the digital space – what is the future of branch-based banking?
Innovation Leaders Panel
• What is the 'next big thing' in financial services and what will it mean to you?
• What brands outside of the financial services industry offer inspiration for innovation?
• What are the key drivers for innovation?
• How to overcome challenges in delivering innovation to market
• The rise of SMAC (social, mobility, analytics and cloud) – how can IT and marketing leaders support customer satisfaction?
- Roy Heong, Head of E-Business and Digital Marketing, OCBC Bank
- Andre Lee, Executive Director, Country Head, Transaction Banking, UOB
- Michael Foong, Group Chief Strategy Officer, Maybank
- Devabalan Theyventheran, Senior Managing Director and Head of Group Information Systems, CIMB Bank
- Sharanjit Leyl, International Business Journalist