Technology & Innovation – the Future of Payments in Financial Services
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Venue: Hilton Hotel, Level 4, 488 George Street
Chair Person’s Opening Remarks
The Next Chapter in Australian payments – Domestic Debit, Innovation and Competition
Smarter Commerce in Financial Services and Banking
- How are today’s latest trends shaping global market leaders in the competitive payments landscape?
- New developments in sophisticated and predictive analytics underpinning the fastest and smartest
- Big data, mobility and resilience coverage – taking payments into the future
Payments, Security and M-commerce – the Evolution, Opportunities and Challenges
- What are today’s barriers in driving adoption and usage of m-commerce?
- Delivering appropriate security controls to transition early adopters to mass adopters
- How to position your organisation to leverage the new opportunities presented by the changing digital landscape
Delivering a Corporate Mobile Banking Solution
- What does the corporate user want from a mobile payment solution?
- What are the considerations when moving from a desk-based to a mobile environment?
- Design, security and technology – current trends and future innovation
- Reducing inefficiencies by combining front, middle, and back-end
Riding the next wave of upcoming payment acquisition overlay services
- How are key regulatory reform initiatives affecting the Australian market within a global perspective?
- The next frontier for competition - supporting customer experience with new and innovative payment services
- Integrating value-generating payment system platforms within a coherent core banking solution
The Evolution of Virtual Currency: Adapting for a Social and Digital Payments Marketplace
Digital Convergence in Payments: The Evolution, Opportunities and Challenges
Innovating with Social, Mobile and Big Data
- How are social, mobile and big data transforming today’s payments industry?
- Threat or Opportunity? Realising the potential of technology revolutions
- Building a results-driven framework to drive innovations in a dynamic environment
Payments Leaders Panel
- Keeping abreast of the latest innovations in payments technology
- Overcoming implementation challenges – strategies for delivering innovations to market
- The future impact of alternate currencies: what is their role in our market?
- Assessing new opportunities for the banking and financial services industry
- Scott Southall, Managing Director, Head of Australia and New Zealand Treasury and Trade Solutions, Citibank
- Mike Baldwin, Head of Innovation & Implementation, GTS, Westpac
- Leigh Mahoney, Head of Client Integration Solutions, Global Transaction Banking, ANZ
- Matthew Barr, Head of Market Development & Innovation, MasterCard
- Paul Richards, General Manager - Customer Payments & Processing, Enterprise Services & Transformation, National Australia Bank
- Hugh Harley, Partner & Financial Services Leader, PricewaterhouseCoopers
Mobile’s Impact on the Future of Payments: A Merchant’s View
- Streamlining the shopping experience in-store, online and through mobile channels
- Achieving secure, customer-centric single tap mobile payments
- What’s next in mobile payments – opportunities and challenges
- Will merchants make telcos and banks redundant in 5 years’ time?
Building Trust to Bring Down the ‘Cash King’
- Why is cash still king, and how is trust the key to delivering the potential of digital payments?
- Building trust within the industry – how banks and businesses can work with innovators to spur on the next generation of commerce
- Building trust with the consumer – moving away from scaremongering towards better education
Networking Drinks and Prize Giveaway