Glen Francis has over 20 years of technology experience and has served on a number of executive boards and forums. Glen enjoys creativity and innovation, and is well respected by his peers in the industry.
He is the current President for IDeationEdgeAsia and CIO Academy Asia. Glen serves on two institutes of higher learning as their technology board adviser, was Vice President for IT Management Association. He mentors startup companies and he serves as one of the judges for MIT’s EmTech Innovators under 35.
In his most recent appointment, Glen was the Group CIO for Global Logistic Properties Limited (“GLP”), responsible for Technology across the organization’s global operations across 118 cities. GLP is listed on the Singapore Exchange with a market capitalization of approximately US$10 billion. He joined GLP shortly after their listing in Singapore, and helped setup their technology platforms, security framework, data center, enterprise applications, PMO, ITMO, and M&A tech due diligence for expansion and joint ventures.
Before joining GLP, he was the Regional Head of IS, Asia Pacific for RS Components Pte Ltd (“RS”). He was part of the Global IS executive management team representing the Asia Pacific Business, reporting to Group Headquarters located in the United Kingdom. He was involved in the consolidation of the technology group regionally across Asia Pacific, and later globally with the UK operations. Glen was involved in helping to transform RS’s traditional business to one that is eCommerce.
Prior to RS, Glen worked at Aon as their Regional Director for Asia Pacific, leading the development of a newly formed corporate initiative called Revenue Engine. He has championed many transformational initiatives within the organization across different countries, functions and companies. He worked for the first 5 years as their head for eBusiness and IT in Asia Pacific before being promoted to Regional Director for Revenue Engine.
Glen also worked in Intel/Xircom project leading multi-million-dollar digital transformation project across Asia Pacific.
Glen holds appointments on the following Boards
• President, CIO Academy Asia cioacademyasia.org
• President for IDeation Edge Asia (IDEA) www.ideationedgeasia.org
• Sub-Committee member for Singapore Institute of Directors www.sid.org.sg
• Information and Communications Technology Programme Advisory Committee for Singapore Institute of Management University www.sim.edu.sg
• School of Informatics & IT Advisory Committee for Temasek Polytechnic (2014-2016) www.tp.edu.sg
• Workforce Development Agency's (WDA) National Infocomm Competency Framework (NICF) Adoption Committee (2012-2013) www.wda.gov.sg
• Vice President for the IT Management Association (ITMA) (2011 – 2016) www.itma.org.sg