FST Local Government New Zealand
New Zealand maintains an intricate patchwork of 78 distinct local governments across two distinct island geographies. This hugely varied country, with a unique diversity of people, industries and topographies, has given rise to discrete local communities, each demanding vastly different governance and citizen service models. Technology has served to bridge the sometimes-vast development gap between these distinct local governments, supporting greater interoperability and information sharing among councils, as well as servicing citizens’ unique demands.
Following the success of our inaugural Local Government New Zealand event in 2018, we are pleased to announce the FST Local Government: Australia 2019 conference, offering a privileged perspective on digital innovations and breakthrough technologies set to impact local governments.
The program will showcase the latest government technologies, featuring senior leaders at the forefront of local government innovation. The conference will address key issues in:
- Organisational and cultural change
- Gender representation and equitability movement in IT
- IoT innovation ecosystem and deployment of connected ‘smart sensor’ technologies
- Smart cities best practices
- Community engagement and collaboration in digital innovation
- Digital transformation journeys of local government
- Citizen data insights and lessons on analytics and machine learning