FST Local Government New Zealand 2020
Local governments are at the coalface of their communities. Citizens take an active stake in their councils and expect local government services to be tailored for the unique challenges facing their communities.
Digital technologies have empowered councils with the tools and capabilities to better support their communities – from expediting the labyrinthine building permits process to ensuring waste is collected on-time and with minimal disruption.
Each of New Zealand’s 67 local governments – often separated not just by geography but also by culture and language – require a unique technology mix that ensures community members are equally represented, and their voices heard.
FST Local Government New Zealand conference will explore some of the major technological trends and challenges facing councils across the North and South islands, including:
- Data exchange and analytics that empower better localised decision making
- Omnichannel services and platforms built for citizens
- Reducing the IT cost burden and increasing efficiency
- Harmonising digital infrastructure and removing the legacy burden
- Making the shift to XaaS
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and the new face of augmented government
- Agile by design methodologies
- Cloud-backed environments and the transition from on-premise infrastructure
- Digital identity management
- Fourth industry revolution (4IR) technologies and how they will shape citizen centric government
Dedicated to New Zealand Public Sector participants