September saw a number of high-profile appointments and departures across the financial services sector, with noteworthy additions to NAB, QBE, and Standard Chartered Bank.
NAB has announced several changes to its executive leadership:
– Rachel Slade has been appointed to the position of Chief Customer Experience Officer.
– Former NSW Premier Mike Baird has been appointed to the position of Chief Customer Officer, Consumer Banking. Baird replaces Andrew Hagger, who has announced his departure from NAB.
– David Gall has been appointed to the position of Chief Customer Officer, Corporate & Institutional Banking.
– Shaun Dooley has been appointed to the position of Chief Risk Officer.
QBE has announced the three new executive appointments across its Australian and New Zealand operations:
– Frank Costigan has been appointed to the position of QBE ANZO’s Executive General Manager, Consumer & Retail Partnerships.
– Chris Killourhy has been appointed to the position of Chief Financial Officer. Killourhy has held the role in an interim capacity since April this year.
– Eleanor Debelle has been appointed to the position of Chief HR Officer, ANZO.
IAG has appointed Bora Arslan to the position of Chief Analytics Officer.
RAMS has appointed Jake Bromwich to the position of Managing Director.
Heritage Bank has appointed Richard Claydon to the position of Head of Strategy Delivery.
Stone & Chalk has appointed seven new directors to its board in a major revamp:
Leona Murphy has been appointed as Chair of its Board of Directors, replacing former Chair and AMP chief executive Craig Dunn.
Fellow board appointees include: Anthony Eisen, Co-Founder, Afterpay; Kylie Rixon, Digital and Wealth Chief Risk Officer, ANZ; Aris Allegos, Co-Founder and Chief Executive, Moula; Debra Taylor, Chief Operating Officer, OpenSparkz; Ron Arnold, Managing General Partner, IAG Firemark Ventures and Firemark Singapore; and Richard Kimber, Co-Founder, Daisee.
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank has appointed Vicki Carter as Non-Executive Director.
CBA has appointed Paul O’Malley to its Board of Directors.
ING Australia has appointed Darryl Newton to its Board of Directors.
Macquarie Group has appointed Mary Reemst as the new Chair of the Macquarie Group Foundation (‘the Foundation’). Reemst currently serves as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Macquarie Bank.
FinTech Australia has announced the resignation of Chief Executive Brad Kitschke, citing health reasons.
The RegTech Association as appointed Deborah Young to the newly created position of Chief Executive.
The Federal Government has appointed John Lonsdale to the newly created position of second Deputy Chair of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA).
ASB Bank has appointed Dr Roderick Carr to its Board of Directors.
Standard Chartered Bank has appointed David Whiteing to the position of Group Chief Operating Officer. Whiteing formerly served as CBA’s Group Executive and Chief Information Officer for Enterprise Services.
MetLife has appointed Kishore Ponnavolu to the position of President of Metlife Asia.
MetLife has also appointed Rebecca Tadikonda to the position of Head of Strategic Growth Markets, Asia.
DBS Hong Kong has appointed Daryl Wong to the position of Executive Director and Head of Treasures Private Client.
OCBC Bank has appointed Melvyn Low to its Management Committee. Low currently serves as Head of Global Transaction Banking at OCBC.
CIMB Group has announced the retirement of Group Chairman Dato’ Sri Nazir Razak.
The Securities Commission Malaysia (SC) has announced the retirement of Chairman Tan Sri Ranjit Ajit Singh.