Equinix 2020-21 Global Tech Trends Survey
COVID-19 has proved to be the spark that ignited the digital transformation journey (DX) for a lot of companies. Trends that had been building for many years have been supercharged by the pandemic. Digital leaders have poured time, effort and money into the digitization of their organizations, and believe interconnection has played and will continue to play, a key role in this evolution.
The survey of 2,600 global tech leaders explores everything from the impact of COVID-19 and perceptions of the cloud and 5G, to attitudes about sustainability related to digital transformation.
In Asia-Pacific, the study reveals:
- 57% of businesses have rearchitected their IT infrastructure to meet new remote and hybrid working demands, with tech budgets increasing to accelerate digital transformation
- 63% of digital leaders believe there will be long-term changes to where and how people work within their organization
- More than half (60%) of the companies still intend to expand into new regions, countries or metros, despite the disruption experienced as a result of COVID-19
- COVID-19 has accelerated digital transformation and investment in IT infrastructure
- Organisations continue to drive ambitious IT strategies, despite COVID-19
- Interconnection has become even more important to help enterprises navigate the challenges ahead
- The shift to remote working was a key driver of this transformation and will continue beyond the pandemic