Dato' Chevy Beh
Previously Managing Director of BP Healthcare Group from January 2009 till October 2014. Under his leadership, Beh:
- Had successfully expanded the customer base to more than 2 million, expanded the work force from about 400 to more than 1,300 and grown BP Healthcare Group business units (medical centre, diagnostics, dental, laboratory, food/environmental testing, eye clinics and hearing) from 101 to over 180 business units.
- Helped the company garnered a number of accolades in the healthcare industry, including BP Clinical Lab being awarded JCI accreditation (the 1st in Asia to achieved joint commission awarded JCI accreditation under the category of Clinical Laboratory Programme).
- Instrumental in establishing smart partnerships with leading local universities & institutions such as Universiti Malaya (oral and dental care), Universiti Sains Malaysia (radiology), Universiti Putra Malaysia (food testing services), Tun Hussein Onn National Eye Hospital (eye and vision care) and Institute Jantung Negara (cardiology).
He served as a Director on the Board of Directors of Pantai Hospital Ipoh from 2008 to 2013 before the said hospital became part of IHH Healthcare Berhad.
He also served as a Director of Sunway-City Ipoh which is a JV with Sunway Group Berhad from 2006 to 2013.
Formerly a China-focused analyst at the Maxim Group and prior to that an associate at Dominick and Dominick.
Awards & Recognitions:
- 1st Health technology contributor in Asia to Forbes
- Nominated for MIT Technology Review Innovators Under 35 Asia 2016
- Most Promising Entrepreneurship Award at the 2012 Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards (APEA)
- Appointed as the Industry Advisory Panel (IAP) of National University of Malaysia (UKM), on Healthcare Innovation and Technopreneurship from 2015 to 2018
- Top Nominee for the Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year for two consecutive years 2013 & 2014
- Participant at the panel discussion of the Forbes Healthcare Summit, an invitation-only event in NYC, for years 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Awarded as the Great Entrepreneur Brand Icon Leadership Award 2015 by the Brand Laureate
He was elected council member for Malaysia Retail Chain Association (MRCA) from 2016-2018.
He is current a mentor at the Young Corporate Malaysians (YCM) Malaysia's leading and largest corporate and business networking community for the youth.
A Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA).
Received his Bachelor’s degree from the University of Virginia with a double major in Economics and East Asian Studies.
He studied at various institutions, among them Cambridge University, Harvard University, Stanford University and Beijing University.
During University days, captained the Collegiate Polo Team and was merited the National American-Intercollegiate All Stars, America.
He made history by being the 1st Asian to be awarded with American All Stars.
He was the England polo captain for under-21 English School National Team.
He made history by being the youngest to be elected to hold office barrel in the Equine Association of Malaysia as the Vice-President of Equine Association Malaysia (EAM).
In 2011, Beh made history by being the youngest to lead the Equestrian Team and also the youngest team manager of all sports at the 2011 SEA Games held in Jakarta, Indonesia.
He is a frequent speaker at healthcare, technology and leadership conferences.