Why is ‘banking-as-a-service’ (Baas) the new norm and how can it shape the future of finance?
Join our panel of industry experts for a 60-min exploration of how legacy banks can fully utilise BaaS to ensure they stay relevant in the financial digitisation race.
Extending to all parts of the customer such as food delivery, e-commerce and the like, BaaS gives non-banks the ability to offer banking products at the point of purchase. This abiliy to create, embed and enhance business models can subsequently solve various stakeholder challenges and improve overall service delivery.
Additionally, businesses that are less adoptive to changes can often face value destruction as they struggle to keep up with their competitors. Hence BaaS can be used to act as a digital inclined innovator and create new possibilities to change the future of finance.
- What is the global outlook defining BaaS? What makes BaaS attractive to Australia and New Zealand?
- The real use cases within the corporate banking sector and retail banking and adjacent industries that are ready for adoption?
- What are the critical success factors towards BaaS?
- How can banks overcome the challenges they face in the ‘platformification’ of banking?
- How can monetization, technology, ecosystem collaboration and global scale plays an important role in BaaS?
Join Finastra this October to discover how Banking as a service can shape the future of finance.