Citibank has made more than 30 application programming interfaces available to software developments in Hong Kong to help improve the nation’s fintech sector offerings.
The burgeoning fintech sector in Hong Kong is receiving an extra boost, with Citibank making more than 30 application programming interfaces (APIs) available across seven categories on the Citi API Developer Portal.
The Citi API Developer Portal first launched in November last year, with the available APIs across the following categories:
- Onboarding: cquisition partner services for credit cards and loans
- Pay with points: clients use points to cover purchases with statement credits when using eligible credit cards
- Accounts: clients able to access their account summaries
- Cards: option to manage credit cards and debit cards while overseas
- Customers: clients able to access profile information
- Money movement: move money across accounts
- Reference data: programmatic access to reference data for multi-country development
Citibank country business manager, Hong Kong, Angel Ng, said: “Technology evolves at the speed of light and clients now demand quicker and more tailored services that suit their changing lifestyle.”
“By enabling the FinTech community to access our open API architecture, we hope to contribute to the development of a positive incubation environment and a healthy ecosystem to propel the growth of FinTech in Hong Kong.
“The launch of this innovative solution is an important milestone on our quest to future compatibility.”
Registration for the API Developer Portal began on 29 March.