Healthdirect lands ex-operations chief for the Australian Digital Health Agency, and Queensland Government dismisses reports its Chief Entrepreneur role will be replaced by ‘advisory council’.
– Healthdirect Australia, a government-funded virtual health services provider, has appointed Bettina McMahon as Chief Executive.
McMahon has previously served as the Australian Digital Health Agency’s Chief Operating Officer and Executive General Manager for Industry and Government.
She commences her new role on 15 March.
– The Queensland Government has confirmed it will retain the role of Chief Entrepreneur, following reports the position would be replaced by an “advisory council”.
Reports had surfaced in Queensland papers last Thursday stating the Palaszczuk Government had dissolved part of the Office of the Chief Entrepreneur, which was established in 2016.
The position was most recently held by Everledger founder and Chief Executive Leanne Kemp, who concluded her term last year.
The Government has confirmed it is currently recruiting for Kemp’s replacement.
– VicTrack, the state-owned enterprise managing train and tram lines and associated infrastructure across Victoria, has appointed Arthur Mitchell as its new Group Manager for IT.
Mitchell will be responsible for the strategic direction of the organisation’s ICT environment, including infrastructure, applications, security and service delivery.
He commences his new role with VicTrack this month.
– The Federal Government has announced the appointment of Dr Alan Finkel as Special Adviser to the Commonwealth on Low Emissions Technology. Dr Finkel, formerly Australia’s chief scientist, will be tasked in his new role with accelerating the development and commercialisation of next-gen low emissions technologies.
– Department of Health has officially appointed Charles Wann as Chief Operating Officer. Wann was previously acting in the role.
– Dr Christopher Jessup has officially been appointed Inspector General of Intelligence and Security for a five-year term. He had been acting in the role for the past month.
– WA’s Advisory Council of the Future Health Research and Innovation Fund has been announced.
John Van Der Wielen will assume the role of Council chair, alongside members Glenn Begley, Kane Blackman, Sandra Eades, Dale Fisher, Christina Mitchell, and Vicki O’Donnell.
– Daniel Westerman has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of the Australian Energy Market Operator. Westerman currently serves as Chief Transformation Officer at London-listed international electricity and gas utility, National Grid. He commences his new role on 17 May.