February saw a number of high-profile appointments and departures across the financial services sector, with noteworthy additions to IAG, the Australian Military Bank and fintech Revolut.
The Australian Military Bank has appointed Darlene Mattiske-Wood to the position of Chief Executive. Mattiske-Wood replaces John Ford who resigned from the position last December.
Citi Australia has appointed Peter Forrest to the position of Head of Banking Products.
IAG has appointed Julie Batch to the position of Chief Strategy & Innovation Officer. Batch formerly served as IAG’s Chief Customer Officer. The insurance giant has also announced Neil Morgan will lead an expanded Technology & Digital division.
Revolut has appointed Matt Baxby to the position of Chief Executive, Australia. Baxby formerly served as CFO for the Bank of Queensland.
ClearView Wealth has appointed Hicham Mourad to the position of General Manager, Information Technology. Mourad joins ClearView from Westpac where he served as Head of Platforms, Investments and Operations.
MLC Life has appointed Kent Griffin to the position of Chief Financial Officer. Griffin formerly served as director and CFO at insurer TAL.
AMP has appointed James Georgeson to the position of Chief Financial Officer. Georgeson had served as AMP’s Acting CFO since August 2019.
ANZ has appointed Paul Goodwin to the position of United States Country Head.
Loan Market has appointed David McQueen to the newly created position of Chief Compliance and Regulation Officer. McQueen formerly served as Westpac’s Group Head of Strategy & Business Performance, Mortgage Distribution.
ANZ has announced the departure of Chief Risk Officer, Kylie Rixon. Rixon served six years with ANZ including a three-year stint as CRO for ANZ’s Digital & Wealth division. She provided testimony during the 2018 Royal Commission around a compliance audit into ANZ’s wealth management and advice groups.
ME Bank has announced the departure Greg Combet as a Non-Executive Director. Combet served five years on the ME board.
The National Stock Exchange of Australia (NSX Limited) has appointed Tod McGrouther to its board.
AMP Limited has announced the appointment of Michael Sammells to its board as Non-Executive Director. The appointment follows the retirement of Mike Wilkins AO. Wilkins will remain on the board of AMP Life as Non-Executive Director until 30 June 2020.
Westpac New Zealand has made several appointments to its executive team:
- Karen Silk has been appointed General Manager of the Experience Hub, an Agile-focused division of Westpac NZ. Silk previously served as General Manager of Commercial, Corporate and Institutional Banking;
- Simon Power takes on the role vacated by Karen Silk as the General Manager of Commercial, Corporate and Institutional Banking. Power formerly served as General Manager of Consumer Banking and Wealth;
- Gina Dellabarca has been appointed General Manager of Consumer Banking and Wealth, replacing Simon Power. Dellabarca most recently served as General Manager of Human Resources and Corporate Affairs;
- Leanne Lazarus has been appointed to the newly created role of General Manager of Customer Outcomes. Lazarus previously served as GM of Operations and Contact Centres.
- Ian Hankins, currently CFO, will now take responsibility for Property and Commercial Services, previously under the remit of Leanne Lazarus; and
- Mark Weenink, General Counsel, has added External Relations (including media, social media, government relations and sustainability teams) functions to his remit of responsibilities. External relations previously reported to Gina Dellabarca.
ANZ New Zealand has appointed Ben Kelleher to the position of Managing Director, Retail & Business Banking. Kelleher has been acting Managing Director, Retail and Business Banking for the past six months.