October saw a number of high-profile appointments and departures across the financial services sector, with noteworthy additions to CBA, NAB, and ANZ.
Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) has appointed Alan Docherty to the position of Chief Financial Officer.
CBA’s new wealth management and mortgage broking businesses, NewCo, has appointed Jason Yetton to the position of Chief Executive; Andrew Morgan has been appointed to the position of Chief Financial Officer.
The Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) has appointed Gillian Larkins to the position of Chief Financial Officer.
NAB has announced a major restructure to its executive team, merging its marketing and customer service divisions, with the appointments of:
- Suzana Ristevski to the position of Group CMO and General Manager of Business Marketing for the combined group;
- Rachel Slade to the position of Chief Customer Experience Officer;
- David Gall to the position of Chief Customer Officer, Corporate and Institutional Banking;
- Shaun Dooley has been appointed Chief Risk Officer.
Stone & Chalk has appointed Leona Murphy as Chair of its board. Murphy replaces Craig Dunn whose four-year term expires early next year.
Ubank has announced the departure of Chief Marketing Officer, Jo Kelly.
Suncorp has appointed Ian Hammond as Non-Executive Director.
BNZ has appointed Frances Valintine to the position of Future Advisor.
ANZ has appointed Mitchell Mason to the position of Chief Executive, Japan. Mason will report to Farhan Faruqui, Group Executive, ANZ International.
The Securities Commission Malaysia (SC) has appointed Nurulhuda Nur’aini Mohamad Nor to the position of Executive Director of Enforcement.
UBS has appointed Edmund Koh to the position of President UBS Asia-Pacific and head the group executive board.
DBS Bank has appointed Taimur Baig to the position of Chief Economist and Managing Director for Group Research.
CIMB has appointed Datuk Mohd Nasir Ahmad to the position of Group Chairman.
The Singapore Government Technology Agency, Smart Nation and Digital Government Group (SNDGG), has announced several appointments to its board:
- Bojan Blecic, Senior Vice President, Head of Experience Design, OCBC Bank
- Lesly Goh, Chief Technology Officer, World Bank Group
- Melissa Khoo, Group Director, Ageing Planning Office, Ministry of Health
- Bruce Liang, Chief Executive Officer, Integrated Health Information Systems Pte Ltd
Maybank Kim Eng (MKE) has appointed Datin Ami Moris to the position of Chief Executive, taking over from Dato’ John Chong Eng Chuan, appointed Maybank’s Group Chief Executive (CEO), Community Financial Services.
Maybank has also appointed Fad’l Mohamed to the position of Chief Executive, Maybank Investment Bank Berhad (Maybank IB).