Mr. Chan Wing Fung Raymond was appointed the Managing Director of 9F International Holdings, a subsidiary of 9F Group, in October 2018 and is responsible for applying both the Virtual Banking license and Digital Insurance license in Hong Kong, exporting 9F Group’s AI and Big Data risk platforms (“Tech Enabling”) to Hong Kong and Southeast Asia markets, and expanding the base of overseas Fintech Ecosystem partners.
Raymond is an active speaker and practitioner in fintech areas including Virtual Bank, eKYC, eID, Open API, Mobile Payment and Cross-Border Banking. He has successfully launched the first truly remote bank account opening mobile app in Hong Kong without the need to visit branches and submit signature and address proof, alongside with many first-in-Hong Kong fintech initiatives.
Raymond has been working in the banking industry for more than 25 years, with 20 years in supervisory and management positions of international, European and Chinese banks. Before joining 9F International, he was Executive Deputy General Manager of China CITIC Bank International and Head of Marketing & Business Strategy of ICBC (Asia). His career experience covers many areas in banking including department head of e-Business, Marketing, Branch Network, Call Centre, Distribution Planning and Business Support. The early stage of his career also covered IT and technical services in a global bank.
Besides actively speaking in summits and forums, Raymond also actively serves in academic services and industry organizations’ committees including:
- Advisory Board of MSc. in International Banking and Finance, Lingnan University
- Guest lecturer in master, undergraduate and Executive Development programs of HKUST, Baptist University, PolyU, Lingnan University and Hang Seng University
- Mentorship Program of Lingnan University and Chinese University Hong Kong (SZ)
- Practice / Industry Committee (AI and Data Analytics Group) of Institute of Financial Technologists of Asia
- Financial Technology Advisory Panel of The Hong Kong Institute of Bankers
- Assessment panel of Hong Kong ICT Awards 2019 – FinTech Award
- Smart City Consortium Fintech Committee
- Fintech Cooperation Committee of Asian Financial Cooperation Association
- Inclusive Finance Cooperation Committee of Asian Financial Cooperation Association
Raymond received his Bachelor of Science (Engineering) – Electronics from The University of Hong Kong, Master of Business Administration from Chinese University of Hong Kong and is currently serving MSc. in International Banking and Finance of Lingnan University.