David has worked in Technology for more than 30 years and has a background in the transformation, development and management of Technology Services in large global financial organisations including ANZ, Barclays Bank, Merrill Lynch, ING Barings and Mitsubishi Corporation Finance.
He is currently Executive General Manager of Enterprise Services at IAG, where he is responsible for defining the strategy, and building and managing IAG’s infrastructure as well as the Employee Experience. This includes direct accountability for a team of over 400 people, overseeing the technology to help IAG reach its strategic goals, and creating systems and processes to enable customers and colleagues.
Specifically, across Australia and New Zealand:
- Core technology services across Network, Security, Datacentre, Compute, Storage – both on prem and in the cloud, ensuring open architecture to support newer Ecosystem business operating models
- Employee Experience and Digital Workplace – enabling adoption of Technology Services for productivity, flexibility and enhanced global communication and collaboration
- Technology production services– delivering continuous service improvement and enhanced control across the development and operational lifecycles
- Property – including management of physical assets as well as the technology, across the property portfolio
- Product Ownership transformation using Scaled Agile (SAFe) to synergise and embed product management and service ownership practises across Technology
- Digital Finance transformation
- Executive Relationship manager for the shared services across People and Culture and CFO Technology Portfolios
- Developing business and technology strategy to enable Open Architecture to support newer Ecosystem business operating models
- Significant 3rd party commercial and services engagement and management
Outside of work he enjoys spending time with his family, running, cycling and supporting his four children at their numerous activities.
He currently lives in Melbourne after moving there nine years ago from London where he developed his career.