Not unlike the geographical nature of Australia, New Zealand’s local councils service an integrated network of countless communities with diverse needs and social complexities, from the islands in the Far North District to the frosty fjords of Southland. Digital technologies are a vital mechanism for these communities with rich and distinct cultures so that they can maintain their connection to citizens, other councils and the NZ Government at large.
Digital as a resource is not just for convenience, but rather forms part of a Government tech toolkit that crucially delivers essential public services with the required care and sensitivity to local needs. For discussions on building necessary connectivity infrastructure or improving digital inclusion, join us at the FST Local Government New Zealand conference for 2022, where we’ll explore the unique digital demands of NZ’s councils – now and in the future.
Join us where we’ll explore:
- The response from local governments on post-pandemic recovery and how digital resources offer support
- Overcoming legacy thinking and supporting next-generation cloud technologies to improve connectivity
- Catering to the needs of local citizens and cultures through public services augmented by digital
- Cybersecurity strategies that are specific to local governments
- Smart cities and IoT on the horizon and how local governments are preparing
- The advancement of omnichannel services and platforms in line with citizen needs
- James RobertsChief Digital OfficerWellington City Council
- Mark DenvirDirector of ICTAuckland Council
- Sue McLeanGeneral Manager, Corporate Services GroupGreater Wellington Regional Council
- Trish BairdChief Information OfficerSelwyn District Council
Digital Transformation Beyond 2022
- How can local government use adversity as a positive force for transformation?
- How can councils re-imagine their work and resourcing needs in the midst of skills and talent shortages?
- How do you best translate digital transformation into measurable outcomes to ensure we deliver to the needs of citizens?
- What are the most effective ways to strategise and future-proof our councils for the benefit of services and communities?
- Nadia WebsterActing Chief Digital OfficerWellington City Council
- Neville WilliamsDirector, Customer, Community and ServicesWaikato Regional Council
Excelling Citizen Insights and Engagement through Data
- How can local governments leverage Insights, Analytics, and AI to better serve the community?
- What are some ways to improve data availability, accessibility, and reusability while maintaining transparency and public trust?
- How can you ensure ethics and practices relating to data collection, management, and use are understood and applied consistently across the data system
- How can councils develop their workforce's capabilities and skills to create, collect, manage, and better use data?
Delegate attendance is reserved for Government Officials ONLY (includes local, state, federal government, utilities and university employees).
For more information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 8484 0918.
FST Media reserves the right to decline registration and entry to the event.
By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions for complimentary VIP Registration, you acknowledge that to qualify for that complimentary VIP pass the delegate needs to be currently employed by a public sector organisation.
Should you be unable to attend on the day of the conference, a ‘like-for-like’ substitute is welcome to attend in your stead at no extra charge, provided we are informed of the change up to 14 days prior to the conference. Any cancellations made within 14 days of the conference, with no relevant substitute provided, will incur a $150+ GST non-attendance fee. This fee will be used to cover delegate material costs and catering costs incurred by FST Media on submission of delegate numbers to the conference venue.
FST Media will make every effort to ensure that the event and the program will take place as advised. FST Media reserves the right to delete or alter items in the program and will not take financial responsibility for changes that are the result of events beyond its control, including travel and/or accommodation.
- The use of your personal information for the purposes of providing direct marketing material to you; and
- The disclosure of your personal information to our event partners