NSW boldly proclaims itself the ‘Premier State’ – as the country’s preeminent digital innovator, this foremost boast rings no truer.
Among the first states in Australia to embrace wholesale digital transformation, including the pioneering rollout of Service NSW – the state’s multi-channel government services access hub – NSW is often looked to as the country’s exemplar of e-Government.
Yet NSW isn’t resting on its laurels. An ambitious realignment of ministries, culminating in the establishment of a cabinet-level Customer Service Ministry, represents the state’s unconditional embrace of a customer-centric, digital-first government. A $100 million ‘restart’ fund is hoped to accelerate these digital transformation efforts, supporting “next level” innovation in e-Government and a revitalisation of public sector IT now increasingly encumbered by legacy.
Join us at the FST Government New South Wales conference where we’ll explore key trends and challenges facing NSW’s public service, including:
- Whole-of-government digital transformation
- Data governance and adaptive cybersecurity
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) and the new face of augmented government
- Anticipatory or predictive government
- Agile by design methodologies
- A cloud-backed environment and the inevitable shift from on-premise infrastructure
- Robotic process automation (RPA)
- Omnichannel services and platforms
- Digital identity
- Fourth industry revolution (4IR) technologies and how they will shape citizen-centric government